The liver is one of the most important organs in our body. One of its main functions is to rid the bloodstream of harmful chemicals and toxins we consume. It can actually be shocking how many toxins the body takes in! Some of these poisons are consumed because we choose to smoke cigarettes, or we work in an industry that engages in high levels of toxic waste.
In other instances, we have no idea that we are being exposed. We may not be aware that mercury toxins have entered a water source, and then we ingest that by eating fish caught from that particular area. Even the metal from canned foods can get in our system. Over time, too much caffeine and alcohol can build up and cause liver damage.
Whatever way we ingest these harmful toxins, it’s imperative that we protect ourselves because they have been linked to cancer, and other life-changing diseases. However, don’t think there isn’t anything you can do to keep your body healthy. Here are ten foods that cleanse your liver naturally, and help remove those toxins that can plague us all.
- Basil. This herb works hard to protect our liver by getting rid of toxins in our blood. It combats many liver ailments and improves the breakdown of our metabolism.
- Cilantro. One of the main functions of our liver is to keep purity in the body, and impure items out. Cilantro scans our blood for those impurities, and then naturally removes them once found.
- Garlic. Garlic has a way of waking up our liver’s enzymes, so they can productively flush out those negative chemicals.
- Ginger. You can eat ginger raw, but most prefer to steam the root in a tea. It works to improve blood flow, and repair damage that has been done over the years to our liver.
- Kale. Over the last few years, kale has grown in popularity and for a good reason! Most dark, leafy green veggies are going to be great to detox our body since they are so rich in a multitude vitamin.
- Grapefruits. Almost all citrus fruits, especially grapefruits, are packed with vitamin C and antioxidants that cleanse the liver and promotes poisons to exit the body.
- Olive Oil. Other oils will not be effective like this one (in fact some will be harmful). Olive oil works to relieve stress that can be put on the liver so it can properly perform its duties.
- Tomatoes. The lycopene content found in tomatoes has been linked to preventing liver cancer and other related diseases. For best results, eat these raw!
- Turmeric. This spice works to protect the liver, as well as repair some of the damage that toxins can have on the cells.
- Green Tea. This herbal remedy goes to great strides to prevent toxic buildup that could cause some serious problems in the future. Add a little ginger root and you’ll get twice the protection in one cup!
Our source for a full range of vitamins and minerals should be lots of produce. Unfortunately, it’s not that simple. Overtime, our soil has become so degraded that it doesn’t produce the nutrition we need. Your best option is to grow your own produce with the best soil. If growing your own produce is not an option, we recommend herbal supplements like a Folium pX.
Folium pX is a dietary cleanse and supplement which helps to build up the immune system to fight against heavy chemicals and toxins we may have consumed.